The Italian Ministry of Foreign Affairs and International Cooperation (MAECI) established the “Italian Bilateral Scientific Cooperation Award” to recognize the work of an Italian experienced scientist who has remarkably contributed to the advancement of science and technology (S&T) while performing his/her research abroad, thus improving Italy’s S&T relations with foreign countries and International Organizations.
The award will be presented during the Italian Scientific Attachés Conference to be held in 2024 at a date and place to be announced. All fields of science and technology are included under this award. The award consists of an engraved medal and a diploma signed by the Italian Ministry of Foreign Affairs and International Cooperation.
- The “Italian Bilateral Scientific Cooperation Award” is assigned to an Italian scientist presently active in People’s Republic of China, for his/her outstanding contribution to the advancement of bilateral scientific cooperation in any field of science and technology.
- The nominees should be a resident of the country where they are nominated for the award at least since January 1st, 2019.
- The nominees should be an independent scientist with 3-7 years of experience since completion of their PhD degree, holding a very good scientific track record and carrying out top level research activities in collaboration with foreign scientists active in the Country where they live and work. Research activities within multilateral organizations are also eligible.
- Age limit: maximum 35 years of age at the time of publication of this notice
Evaluation Criteria and Selection Procedures
Nominees will be evaluated on the basis of the following criteria:
- Scientific impact of the work presented
- Relevance of the nominee’s work for Italian S&T cooperation with People’s Republic of China
- Nominee’s capacity to keep contacts with the Italian scientific community and corresponding potential for significant, long-term international collaboration
- Promotion of young researchers’ mobility to and from Italy as a mean to foster the establishment of bilateral research teams
- Nominee’s contribution to creative/innovative collaboration models
The Award Committee, chaired by the Head of Office IX of the Directorate General for Country Promotion at MAECI, will be composed by the Presidents and/or Representatives of the major Italian Research and Academic Institutions.
The Italian Bilateral Cooperation Award will be presented in 2024 during a Ceremony to be held during the Conference of Italian Scientific Attachés in the presence of the Minister of Foreign Affairs and International Cooperation.
How to Apply
The Call for Nominations will be published on the website of Consulate General in Chongqing.
Any scientist and scientific institution willing to present a nomination may submit the form herewith enclosed, duly completed, to the following email address: firstname.lastname@example.org.