The third “Fare Cinema” (“Making Cinema”) festival, promoting the Italian film industry, will take place from 15 to 21 June, this year in an entirely online format.
20 June will mark the first ever International Day of Italian Film.
During the week, content dedicated to Italian film and professionals in the industry will be available on the platform RaiPlay. It will include masterclasses with film critics and journalists, lectures on careers in film, short films, and other original material, available for free and without geographical restrictions.
The festival will pay tribute to Federico Fellini, in the year of what would have been his hundredth birthday, and Alberto Sordi.
The festival is organised by the Italian Ministry of Foreign Affairs and International Cooperation, in collaboration with the Ministry of Culture and Tourism, the Italian Trade Agency, the National Association of Film, Audiovisual and Multimedia Industries (ANICA) and the Istituto Luce Cinecittà.
Original content by the Ministry of Foreign Affairs
- A masterclass by screenwriter, director and journalist Gianfranco Angelucci dedicated to Federico Fellini’s films (LINK).
- Two masterclasses by journalist and critic Gianni Canova dedicated to Alberto Sordi and contemporary Italian film (LINK).
- Fourteen online lessons on careers in the world of film, with the biggest Italian trade associations (LINK).
- A short film on Federico Fellini.
- A virtual tour of the exhibition Il Centenario. Fellini nel mondo (“The Centenary. Fellini around the world”).
- La voce di Fellini (“The voice of Fellini”), a Fare Cinema 2020 promotional film by the Istituto Luce Cinecittà.
Other contents (available on the platform RaiPlay for the whole week)
- The five titles in the “Best Short Film” category of the 2020 David di Donatello awards, in collaboration with the Accademia del Cinema Italiano.
- Three episodes of the series OffStage, dedicated to the career of acting and made by the Centro Sperimentale di Cinematografia in Rome, and three episodes of the series A scuola di cinema con RaiMovie (“At cinema school with RaiMovie”), dedicated to the career of screenwriting and made by the Associazione 100Autori.
- Eighteen episodes of the series Fellini in Frames, a journey through the great director’s films through material from the archives of the Istituto Luce Cinecittà.