This site uses technical, analytics and third-party cookies.
By continuing to browse, you accept the use of cookies.

Preferences cookies

For those traveling to China

Before traveling to China, it is necessary to plan your trip and stay well in advance, making sure you carry out all the necessary procedures in order to obtain an entry visa. To obtain an entry visa in the People’s Republic of China, it is necessary to inquire about the type of visa, the methods and documents necessary to present the request. For detailed information on visa application methods and procedures, refer to the official website of the Chinese Visa Center.


Before leaving, it is important to find out about the safety conditions and the regulations in force. The Farnesina Crisis Unit makes all the necessary information available to users on the Safe Traveling website. For detailed information regarding travel to the People’s Republic of China, please visit the page


The Consulate General invites those who travel to China, even if only for a short period, to register their trip on the “Where we are in the world” website, a service of the Ministry of Foreign Affairs and International Cooperation which allows Italians who go temporarily abroad to report personal data – on a voluntary basis – in order to plan any rescue interventions more quickly and precisely.


We strongly suggest to all those who are about to travel temporarily to the People’s Republic of China to take out health insurance with an adequate ceiling, such as to cover not only the costs of medical care and therapies carried out in local hospitals and health facilities, but also the possible air transfer to another country or the repatriation of the patient. In the case of organized tourist trips, we suggest carefully checking the contents of the health insurance policies included in the travel packages and, in the absence of adequate guarantees, we advise you to take out individual health insurance policies.


To obtain general information on healthcare abroad, please refer to the website of the Ministry of Health, highlighting in particular the “Se parto per…” service which provides information on the right or otherwise to healthcare assistance during a stay or residence in any country in the world.